Response to the Great East Japan Earthquake
We wish to express our deepest sympathies to all those who suffered injury and losses as a result of the Great East Japan Earthquake. To support post-earthquake recovery, the companies of the Resona Group are engaging in various activities, some of which are described below.
Loans to Support Victims in Post-Disaster Reconstraction
To respond the demand for funds for the post-disaster restoration from the earthquake, the Resona Group has introduced lending funds that include housing loans, home renovation loans, general purpose loans and business loans for individuals and companies.
Financial Advice for Victims of the Disaster
We proactively provided financial advice for disaster victims.
- Opened a branch on Saturday and Sunday of each week immediately after the earthquake. (March 13 to April 24, 2011 at the Sendai Branch)
Saitama Resona Bank
- Seconded advisors to the Saitama Super Arena (which functioned as a temporary shelter for the victims of the disaster until the end of March)
- Provided financial advice with three local financial institutions in the former Kisai High School building in Saitama Prefecture. (May 2011)
The Kinki Osaka Bank
- Started to provide a consultation desk for bank transactions to support the victims who sought refuge in the Kinki region. (from April 2011)
Relief Donations and Charity Activities
The Resona Group donated 50 million yen and collected donations from employees and customers visiting branches. We also held charity concerts and offered a deposit plans which contribute to donations.
- Established an account for receiving relief donations for the Central Community Chest of Japan. Transfer fees to this account were waived. (Resona Bank)
- Donated as the entire Resona Group
- Collected donations from employees
- Placed donation boxes at branches
- Started relief donations by using the point system at each branch (started at The Kinki Osaka Bank from April)
- Held a charity concert (Resona Bank)
- Started a special time deposit entitled "The Thoughts of Kansai to East Japan!" (The Kinki Osaka Bank)
- Held a charity concert (The Kinki Osaka Bank)
- Held an orientation activities for people taking refuge at the former Kisai High School building with children in the area (Saitama Resona Bank)
Held a quiz rally for the evacuees and local children at the former Kisai High School(evacuation shelter)
Provided financial advice with three local financial institutions in the former Kisai High School building
Placed donation boxes
Held a charity concert