Resona Group at a Glance
The Resona Group has a strong customer base in the Tokyo metropolitan area and the Kansai area, where economic activity and population are concentrated. We leverage our branch network, which is the largest in Japan, and full-line trust and real estate capabilities to provide optimized solutions to more customers.
As of April 1, 2019
- *Kansai Urban Banking Corporation and Kinki Osaka Bank merged on April 1, 2019.
Resona Group Network
As of September 30, 2019
As of October 1, 2019
The Resona Group focuses on retail loans. Loans to individuals and SMEs account for about 85% of its loan portfolio.
(As of March 31, 2019)
Interest margin comparison*1
Few generally low-yield loans to large corporations enables the Resona Group to capture relatively higher yields and appropriately control credit risk by dispersing loans with a portfolio of small loans.
Consolidated cost to income ratio comparison*2
Although the Resona Group focuses on retail banking businesses, it has a superior cost to income ratio compared with megabanks.
Loan and deposit market share*5
The Resona Group has a strong customer base in the Tokyo metropolitan area and the Kansai area, where economic activity and population are concentrated. Loan and deposit market share is particularly strong in Saitama Prefecture, where it exceeds 40%, and the addition of the Kansai Mirai Financial Group has increased the Resona Group’s presence in Osaka, Hyogo and Shiga prefectures.
(As of March 31, 2019)
- *1Resona: Total of Group banks (Resona Bank + Saitama Resona Bank + Kansai Urban Banking Corporation + Kinki Osaka Bank + Minato Bank); 3 megabank groups: MUFG Bank + Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking; Mizuho Bank + Mizuho Trust & Banking; Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and SMBC Trust Bank; Top 10 regional banking groups: Fukuoka FG, Concordia FG, Mebuki FG, Chiba Bank, Hokuhoku FG, Shizuoka Bank, Hachijuni Bank, Nishi-Nippon FH, Kyushu FG, and Yamaguchi FG. Figures are based on ﬁnancial statements from each company.
- *2Consolidated cost to income ratio = Operating expenses / Gross operating profit
- *3Resona Holdings
- *4MUFG, SMFG, and Mizuho FG
- *5Total of Group banks. Market share based on deposits, loans and bills discounted by prefecture (domestic banks licensed by BOJ).