Issuance of the Resona Group’s CSR Policy
The Resona Group defines “CSR Management” as “contributing to the creation of a sustainable society.” To further strengthen the development of its CSR activities, the Group has issued its “Group CSR Policy in August 2011 based on ISO26000.” In addition, the Group sets objectives for its CSR activities each year and is working to strengthen its CSR promotion systems with the aim of creating an organization that can respond to a wide range of social issues as quickly as possible.
The Group cherishes “relationships with customers,” “relationships with shareholders,” “ties with society,” and “employees’ dignity and personality.” To win the support of all its stakeholders, the Resona Group makes use of its management resources to conduct various CSR-related activities.
Group CSR Promotion System
The Resona Group has established the Group SDGs Committee with President of the Resona Holdings as its chairman and is currently holding regular committee meetings. This is aimed to tackle some of the social issues included in the SDGs, fulfill the Group's social responsibility throughout its core businesses, and also take initiative in philanthropic activities using the Group's unique capabilities.
Participation in Global Initiatives
UN Global Compact
- 1.We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- 2.We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- 3.We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- 4.We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- 5.We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- 6.We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.